- 800 ml water
- 5 ml salt
- 300 ml Ace Maize Meal
- 2 tsp parsley, finely chopped (dried can be used)
- 1 can KOO Creamstyle Sweetcorn
- 50 ml margarine / butter or oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 to 2 tins KOO Pilchards in Tomato Sauce, broken up and bones removed
- 1 can KOO Lite Baked Beans
- 2 cups blanched spinach
- 2 tsp basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 200 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 300 ml All Gold Pasta Sauce (tomato and herb)
- Pap: Boil the water, add the salt. Add the pap, stir to combine and then cover, lower the heat and leave to cook until done. Should be a wet stiff pap, not dry crumbs. Leave to cool slightly. Stir in the creamstyle sweetcorn.
- Filling: Preheat oven to 180C. Grease deep oven dish.
- Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan and saute the onions and green pepper until softened. Add in the pilchards and baked beans and fresh basil. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Assembly: Spoon layers of pap, spinach and filling into oven dish and repeat layers if you can. End with pap on the top. Sprinkle the top with grated cheese.
- Bake for approx 40 minutes, until cheese is melted and bake is heated through.
- Cut bake into portions and serve topped with Napolitana sauce and a side salad.
Koo Lite Baked Beans
Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
Cookies help us improve your website experience.