- 400g wholegrain pasta
- 200g broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 200g carrots, grated or thinly sliced
- 150g diced fresh tomatoes or 100 g canned tomatoes
- 300g canned tuna
- 150g onion, thinly sliced
- 30g chopped garlic
- 80g celery, thinly sliced
- 10g dried thyme
- 30g fresh basil or 5 g dried
- 50 ml oil, olive or sunflower
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions in a pot filled with sufficient water and a little oil to prevent it from sticking. Avoid overcooking it to keep the pasta’s nutritional properties and texture.
- Cool the pasta under cold running water and set aside.
- Cook the broccoli for 8 minutes (or 10 minutes if frozen), drain and set aside.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and celery with a drizzle of oil for 5–8 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the dried thyme and carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and tuna. Stir the sauce and let it cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Tasting and refine the flavours by adding fresh or dried herbs and spices, if needed, instead of using salt.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the sauce and stir until hot.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped basil.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.