- 1 ½ tbsp Vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 600g Lean Stewing beef, cut into chunks
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 500ml Beef stock
- 2 cans All Gold Whole Peeled Tomatoes, lightly smashed
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1-2 tsp Chili powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 10 TBLS Black Cat Crunchy Peanut Butter No Added Salt and Sugar
- Tastic Nature’s Brown & Wild Rice or Ace Maize Meal (pap)
- Warmed Naan or flatbreads
- Heat half of the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium-high heat.
- When hot, season the beef and add to the pot; do this in batches, if necessary, to avoid over-crowding the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the remaining oil.
- Cook the onions for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Return the beef to the pot and add enough of the beef stock to cover.
- Add the tomatoes and spices, adding enough chili powder to taste.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 1 hours or until the meat is tender.
- When tender, stir in the peanut butter and simmer uncovered for another half an hour until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot over rice with some warmed flatbreads on the side.
Black Cat Crunchy Peanut Butter No Added Sugar and Salt
No Added Salt and Sugar
Tastic Nature's Brown Rice
Cookies help us improve your website experience.