- 250g canned chickpeas
- 80g canned / fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped / sliced
- 80g onion, coarsely chopped
- 20g garlic, finely chopped
- Oil, olive or sunflower
- 10g fresh parsley or 3g dried
- 10g mustard
- 60g wholegrain flour (alternative 2 eggs)
- 40g ground flaxseeds
- 30g breadcrumbs
- Sauté the mushrooms, onion and garlic in a small amount of oil on a frying pan. Season with a small amount of salt and cook until the mushrooms are tender and lose water.
- Blend the chickpeas into a paste using a blender or mash them up using a fork.
- Mix in the mushrooms, parsley, mustard and blend again.
- Add the flaxseeds, flour or eggs and blend again until the ingredients bind together and are easy to shape
- Add pepper to taste.
- Shape the mixture into balls, using your hands, a tablespoon or ice-cream scoop.
- Coat the balls in breadcrumbs and flatten them using your palm or the back of a fork to form patties.
Inspiring healthy eating during a pandemic
There’s nothing quite like a pandemic to help you realise the importance of a healthy diet and a balanced lifestyle that involves enough exercise and rest. To encourage healthy eating behaviours the World Health Organisation Europe partnered with Portuguese chef Nuno Queiroz Ribeiro to create easy and nutritious recipes that can be made easily with ingredients found in most kitchens.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.