- 2 can KOO Chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 carrot , diced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried origanum
- 1 tbsp All Gold Tomato Paste
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne, pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds stirring. Add pepper, tomatoes, carrots, chickpeas, parsley, basil and origanum.
- Add tomato paste and water, cover and bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes or until thickened.
- Mash some of the chickpeas, with the back of a fork to thicken stew.
- Check seasoning with extra salt and pepper.
Inspiring healthy eating during a pandemic
There’s nothing quite like a pandemic to help you realise the importance of a healthy diet and a balanced lifestyle that involves enough exercise and rest. To encourage healthy eating behaviours the World Health Organisation Europe partnered with Portuguese chef Nuno Queiroz Ribeiro to create easy and nutritious recipes that can be made easily with ingredients found in most kitchens.
All Gold Tomato Paste
Cookies help us improve your website experience.