½ tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
500 ml Ace Super Maize Meal Quick cook
3 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1 green or red pepper, chopped
1 can All Gold Chopped tomatoes
1 can KOO Baked Beans
½ cup chicken stock
4 hardboiled eggs, cut into wedges
1. Bring water to the boil, add turmeric and salt, add Ace maize meal, using a large fork, stir mixture until crumbly, cover with lid and cook over gentle heat for 4 minutes, stirring frequently with fork to ensure that the grains remain separate.
2. In another saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic and ginger until transparent. Add green pepper and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Season with cayenne pepper; add beans and stock, simmer gently until sauce has thickened.
4. Add cooked phuthu and stir with fork to mix, heat through to combine flavours.
5. Spoon phuthu and beans into a serving bowl and top with egg wedges. Serve with grilled meat or fish.