2 cups Tastic Short-Grain Rice (cooked)
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey (depending on desired sweetness)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. And while oven is preheating, place a 9 X 13" pan half filled with hot water in the oven. You will use this as a water bath for baking the rice pudding.
2. Whisk milk, eggs and vanilla in a bowl. Add the honey and stir. Honey will not incorporate well.
3. Stir in the rice and keep stirring gently to blend in the honey.
4. Pour into a casserole dish that will fit into the 9x13" pan of water you have warming in the oven. Sprinkle generously with nutmeg.
5. A large oven safe bowl or baking dish will work well for baking the rice pudding in the water bath. This serves to keep the rice pudding nice and creamy.
6. Place the casserole dish into the 9x13 water bath and bake for 45 - 60 min until knife inserted comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.