1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 carrots, grated or finely diced
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaf
400 g pack extra-lean minced lamb or beef
25 g melted butter, plus extra for frying
Red, yellow, green and blue gel food colouring (or other colours)
85 g KOO Lentils, drained
350 g swede, diced
2 tbsp Golden Cloud Flour
750 ml beef stock
200 ml red wine
350 g potato, diced
650 g sweet potato, diced
150 g plain yoghurt
Generous grating of nutmeg
Green vegetables, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then fry the onions for 6 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Add the garlic, carrots and thyme, and cook for 4 minutes more. Stir in the mince, breaking it up with the spoon.
- When it has turned brown, add the lentils and swede with the flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes then gradually add the stock and red wine. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil all the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender, then drain and mash with the yogurt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Spoon the meat mixture into a 2-litre ovenproof dish, spread or pipe the potato mixture on top then grill until the topping starts to brown.
- If making ahead, reheat in the oven at 180°C for 45 minutes. Serve with green veggies, such as broccoli or KOO Peas.