250 ml Ace Super Maize Meal Quick cook
180 ml Golden Cloud cake flour
½ tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder
185 g butter or margarine
250 ml castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
125 ml natural yoghurt
½ punnet fresh strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 23 cm round cake tin.
2. Sift together the Ace maize meal, flour, salt and baking powder, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with the yoghurt, stirring after each addition. Finally, fold in the strawberries. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until a skewer or a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Cool cake in the tin on a wire rack for 30 minutes then invert onto a serving plate.
7. Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice cream or whipped cream