100 g Golden Cloud Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
200 ml milk
1/2 tsp vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
30 g butter
80 g smoked ham, diced
80 gruyere cheese, grated
Small handful chives, snipped
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl. Combine the eggs with the milk and oil, then gradually pour into the dry ingredients, whisking constantly until it's a smooth batter. Transfer to a large jug.
- Swirl a little oil around a large, non-stick pan over a gentle heat.
- Pour a quarter of the batter into the pan, tilting to coat the entire base. Cook for 1 minute, flip over and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- On one half of the pancake, add 1 /4 of the butter and sprinkle over 1 /4 of the ham and cheese. Grind over some black pepper and fold the pancake over the fillings. Fold in half again and transfer to a plate to serve.
- Repeat until you have four pancakes.
- Serve scattered with the chives.