10 slices Albany Superior Best of Both Bread, crusts removed and cut into triangles
500 g mixed roasted vegetables (butternut, patty pans, baby marrows, rosa tomatoes, onion and sweet pepper), cut into bite-size pieces
150 g grated cheddar cheese
3 extra large eggs
250 ml milk
125 ml sour cream
50 ml grated parmesan cheese
15 ml Colman’s wholegrain mustard
Salt and freshly ground Black pepper, to taste
To serve: Fresh green salad
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a large ovenproof dish.
2. Layer the bread, vegetables and two-thirds of the cheese in the prepared dish.
3. Beat the eggs, milk, sour cream, Parmesan and mustard together. Season to taste and pour over the bread and vegetable layers.
4. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until golden and set.
5. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Serve warm with a salad.