120 g cake flour
10 ml baking powder
5 ml ground cinnamon
2 ml ground nutmeg
2 ml salt
200 g pumpkin, cooked
5 ml vanilla essence
200 g cooked Tastic Parboiled Rice, cooled
30 g sugar
5 ml orange zest, finely grated
45 ml - 60 ml milk
Oil, for frying
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Place the pumpkin in a colander and allow to drain until completely dry.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla essence together, and stir in the dry pumpkin purée. Stir in the rice, sugar and orange zest.
4. Fold in the flour mixture. If the mixture is too dry, add enough milk to loosen the batter.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and drop spoonfuls of the batter into the oil and fry, in batches, over a moderate heat until puffed, golden and cooked on both sides.
6. Drain on paper towel and coat, while warm, in the cinnamon sugar.
7. Serve at once.