100g butter at room temperature
50 g mashed ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 g light soft brown sugar
1/2 tsp grated orange zest
100g wholemeal flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
100 g Jungle Oats
25 g desiccated coconut
50 g chopped walnut
75 g sultana or dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until well blended and smooth. Gradually beat in the banana, vanilla extract and egg. Add the zest. Mix well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly blended.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, oats, coconut, walnuts and sultanas or chocolate chips.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix thoroughly until a thick dough is formed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Drop heaped tablespoons onto the sheet, leaving a 5 cm space around each one, and press down lightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.