25 g butter
3 rashers Enterprise Bacon, chopped
1 onion, chopped
400 g pack trimmed leek, sliced and well washed
3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1.4 L hot vegetable stock
142 ml pot single cream
Enterprise Bacon, to serve
- Melt the butter in a large pan, and fry the bacon and onion, stirring until they start to turn golden.
- Add in the leeks and potatoes, stir well, cover and turn down the heat. Cook gently for 5 minutes, shaking the pan every now and then to make sure that the mixture doesn’t catch.
- Pour in the stock, season well and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and blend in a food processor in batches until smooth. Return to the pan, pour in the cream and stir well. Taste and season if necessary.
- Serve scattered with tasty crisp bacon and eat with toasted or warm crusty bread on the side.