3 1/2 to 4 cups Golden Cloud Cake Flour
7 g active dry yeast
2 tbsp sugar
2/3 cup milk, lukewarm
5 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
A pinch of salt
Oil for frying
Hugo’s Mixed Fruit Jam for filling
1. In a small bowl mix the yeast, sugar and milk together and let sit for about 15 minutes until yeast has dissolved.
2. In the bowl of your mixer add the flour, salt and mix. To the bowl add the yeast mixture, egg, sour cream and butter. Mix with the paddle attachment for a couple minutes until well incorporated. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with towel and let it rest until it doubles in size.
3. Roll out the dough, on a floured surface, and cut out rounds using a glass or a 2 inch cookie cutter.
4. In a frying pan heat the oil and turn the heat down to medium. Fry the donuts and let cool on a wire rack.
5. Cut out slits into the side of each donut and fill with a tsp of cherry jam.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.