350 g Golden Cloud Self-raising Flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp baking powder
350 g natural yoghurt
Garlic & herb butter (optional):
2 cloves of garlic
A bunch of fresh soft herbs (flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, basil, dill)
40 g unsalted butter
- Add all the flatbread ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon, then use clean hands to pat and bring everything together.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough.
- Knead for a minute or so to bring it all together (this isn't a traditional bread recipe, so you don't need to knead it for long - just enough time to bring everything together).
- Put the dough into a floured-dusted bowl and cover with a plate, then leave aside.
- If making the garlic butter: peel the garlic cloves and crush them with a garlic crusher.
- Pick the herb leaves onto a chopping board and finely chop them, discarding the stalks.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat, then stir through the garlic and chopped herbs, then set aside.
- Dust a clean work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough in half and divide each half into 6 equal-sized pieces (roughly the size of a golf ball).
- Use a knife to cut 6 lines into the centre of each round, leaving about 3cm at each end.
- Place the griddle pan on a high heat, then once hot, cook each one for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until bar-marked and puffed up, turning with tongs.
- Brush the flatbreads all over with herby garlic butter as they come off the griddle, then pile onto a serving board so everyone can dig in and help themselves.