For the turnovers:
400 gram frozen puff pastry, rolled out and cut into eight 4 to 5 inch squares.
1 can KOO Lite Peach Sliced, drained
1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
2 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 egg + 1 tbsp water whisked together for egg-wash
For the Vanilla Glaze: (optional)
1/2 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Few drops milk
- Toss the peaches, cherries, cornstarch and cinnamon together until well combined.
- Whisk the egg and water together to make an egg-wash.
- Place puff pastry squares on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Divide the filling equally among the 8 pastry squares placing it on one side of the dough.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg-wash. Fold the corners of the pastry together to form triangles, gently pressing the edges together to seal.
- Place pastries in the fridge for 20 minutes before popping the cookie sheet into a preheated 200 degree Celsius oven for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is an even golden brown all over.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes and serve warm with a drizzle of vanilla glaze.
- To prepare the Vanilla Glaze: Whisk together the icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk until smooth and thickened but still able to be poured. Add only enough milk to get the glaze to a proper consistency.