140 g butter
100 g light soft brown sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
350 g Golden Cloud Flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 large egg
1 kg pack ready-to-roll icing
Icing sugar, for dusting
Icing writing pens
- Heat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan. Mix in the vanilla, remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Pour in the butter mixture, add the egg and stir together to form a stiff-ish dough.
- Pop the dough in the fridge for 10 minutes to chill and firm up. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 5 mm thick, then use an egg-shaped cutter to stamp out 15 biscuits - re-roll the dough if necessary. Bake for 12 minutes until golden.
- Knead some food colouring into lumps of fondant icing. Roll out on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar then use the cutter to cut out matching egg shapes. Use the icing pens to dot a little icing on each biscuit then stick on an icing shape.
- Decorate the biscuits with the icing. Let them dry and enjoy.