4 medium sweet potatoes
4 tbsp olive oil
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 banana shallot, finely chopped
1 can KOO Chickpeas, drained
75g baby leaf spinach
Small bunch dill, finely chopped
Zest and juice 1 lemon
60 g greek yoghurt
2 tbsp tahini
20 g pine nuts, toasted
110 g pomegranate seeds
- Wrap each potato in foil and put directly on the hot coals of a braai for 35-45 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. Insert a skewer into each one to check that they're cooked.
*Alternatively, heat oven to 200°C and put the foil-wrapped potatoes on a large baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until the centre is soft. Once cooked, put under a hot grill for 3 mins until the skin is blackened and crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add garlic and shallot and fry for 2-3 minutes or until softened, then stir the chickpeas into the mixture. Gently warm through for 1 min or so, then add the spinach and leave to wilt. Add dill.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, zest and remaining olive oil in a small bowl. Season to taste and stir into the chickpea mixture. Gently mash with a potato masher until the chickpeas are slightly crushed.
- Mix together the yogurt and tahini in another small bowl, and season to taste with salt.
- Split the potatoes open lengthways. Fill with the bean mixture, drizzle over the tahini yogurt and top with the pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.