1 TBLS Oil
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Onion, finely chopped
2tsp Garlic & Ginger Mix, fresh
1tsp Garam Masala
1 Red Chilli, chopped
1tsp Turmeric powder
3tsp Medium Curry Powder
1 can(425g) All Gold Whole Peeled Tomatoes
2tsp Trulem Lemon Juice
1 can(425g) Koo Chickpeas, drained
3 cups Baby Spinach, rinsed
- Heat a large saucepan and dry fry the cumin seeds for 1 minute. Stir often, while they pop.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic and ginger as well as the chilli. Sauté for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and all the spices, stir well and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and breakup with your spoon to small bite size chunks.
- Add the drained chickpeas and about 1/2 cup of water or stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the spinach. Let the spinach wilt/soften, then removed the pan from the heat. Adjust seasoning if needed, with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Tastic Brown Basmati Rice for a tasty meat-free meal.
Cooks Tips! Tofu, can also be added to this near the end, for a protein rich vegan meal. This filling is also great for pita breads or a wrap.