1 can KOO Chickpeas, drained
1 cup cooked Tastic Brown Rice
1 large shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Coarse salt and pepper
1 large farm fresh brown egg, whisked
2 tbsp olive oil
Whole-grain or Dijon mustard
Tomato, sliced, for garnish
4 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
Green-leaf lettuce, for wrapping
1. Add the chickpeas and brown rice to your food processor and process until a thick paste forms (you can also mash them by hand).
2. Add the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir in shallot, garlic, cilantro, chilli powder and fresh lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir in the egg. Form into four ½ -inch-thick patties.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
5. Add the burgers and cook until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
6. Spread with mustard, top with tomatoes and scallions and wrap in lettuce.