100 g Jungle Oats Original
90 g chicken breast strips
30 ml extra virgin olive oil
1/2 medium onion, cubed
5 ml garlic
1/4 red pepper, sliced
1/4 green pepper, sliced
15 ml butter
5 ml Ina Paarmans Kitchen Garlic Pepper Spice or origanum
200 ml chicken stock
100 ml cream
5 ml ratatouille spice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. First brown chicken strips in half the olive oil.
2. Sauté the onion, garlic, red pepper and green pepper in a little olive oil until softened.
3. Add garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Reduce heat and add the chicken strips, butter, salt, pepper and Garlic Pepper Spice or origanum to the peppers.
5. Cook until chicken is slightly browned.
6. Add Jungle Oats Original and chicken stock and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Once the Jungle Oats has absorbed most of the liquid, add the cream and ratatouille spice and stir vigorously (this helps create the desired smooth and creamy texture).
8. Leave to simmer for 5 more minutes then serve.