150 g baby tomatoes, on the vine
1 tbsp olive oil
4 Slices of Albany Superior Low G.I. White Bread
2 thick slices of mozzarella cheese
Handful of fresh basil leaves
100 ml milk
Golden Cloud Cake Flour, for dusting
2 eggs beaten
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1. Add olive oil to a pan and slowly fry the tomatoes on the vine for about 10 minutes. Turn them around half way. When done, set aside.
2. Place a piece of mozzarella, a basil leaf or two and a large pinch of salt between two slices of bread.
3. Dip the sandwich firstly in the milk (do not let it soak - just dip the bread), then dip in flour and lastly into the egg.
4. Heat the olive oil and the butter over medium heat and fry the sandwich on both sides till golden brown. This takes about 8 minutes.
5. Serve hot with the tomatoes and some fresh basil.