1 package puff pastry (2 sheets)
1/4 cup Hugo’s Mixed Fruit Jam
Flour for dusting
Icing sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two cookie sheets with parchment and set aside.
2. Allow puff pastry to thaw as directed on the package. Dust work surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll out puff pastry until about 2″ larger on each side. Cut crosswise into two rectangles.
3. Heat jam in microwave for 15-20 seconds, just enough to loosen the consistency.
4. With a pastry brush, coat one piece of puff pastry with half the jam. Cover jam-coated piece with the remaining plain piece of puff pastry and gently roll together with rolling pin – not too hard, or your jam will squish out.
5. Slice into long strips and twist, then place on parchment lined pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before removing from the pan. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
6. Repeat process with second sheet of puff pastry.