200 g Tastic Parboiled Rice, cooked
30 ml oil
500 g beef minute steak, cut into strips
1 onion, cubed
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 green pepper, cubed
5 ml paprika
3 ml cayenne pepper
1 x (410g) can mushroom soup
1 can KOO Mixed Vegetables, drained
Salt and black pepper
100 g fresh white breadcrumbs
150 g cheddar cheese, grated
15 ml thyme leaves, chopped
3 ml paprika
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the beef over a high heat, for 3-4 minutes, then set the beef aside.
2. Fry the onion for 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, green pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the cooked rice, reserved beef, mushroom soup and vegetables. Season well with salt and pepper.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Combine all of the topping ingredients together and spoon on top of the rice casserole.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.