125 ml butter
180 ml sugar
250 ml Golden Cloud cake flour
10 ml baking powder
250 ml coconut
768 g KOO Unsweetened Pie Apple Slices
125 ml sugar
5 whole cloves
100 ml sultanas
25 ml custard powder
250 ml water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Crust: Cream butter and sugar. Sift flour and baking powder together, add coconut and Jungle Oats and mix. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Press two thirds of the mixture into a 26 cm diameter greased pie dish.
3. Filling: Heat apples, sugar, cloves and sultanas together over a low heat. Mix the custard powder and water into a paste. Add to apple mixture. Increase the heat and boil until the mixture thickens. Remove from stove. Allow to cool. Remove the cloves.
4. Spoon filling into the crust.
5. Crumb the rest of the dough evenly over the filling.
6. Bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool.