1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup Jungle Oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2-3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
2 tbsp flax seed meal
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup almond milk
1 really ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1 can KOO Unsweetened Pie Apple Slices, finely diced
2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
2 tbsp almond meal
1. Preheat oven 180°C and line muffin tin with liners.
2. In a large bowl, add brown rice flour, rolled oats, almond meal, coconut palm sugar, flaxseed meal, baking powder and sea salt.
3. In another bowl mix the almond milk, banana and vanilla. Stir into the dry mixture and combine well.
4. Fold in apple pieces. Spoon batter into muffin liners evenly.
5. Combine topping in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of muffin batters.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until fork inserted comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Tip: You can make your own almond meal using a high speed blender to process whole almonds. You can also did the same with flax seeds to make flax seed meal.